PowerPoint 2010 is a visual and graphical application, primarily used for creating presentations. With PowerPoint, you can create, view, and present slide shows that combine text, shapes, pictures, graphs, animation, charts, videos, and much more. Here are some simple tips teach you how to do some basic tasks in PowerPoint 2010, including:
- Create a presentation
- Open a presentation
- Save a presentation
- Insert a new slide
- Add shapes to the slide
- View a slide show
- Print a presentation
- Click Blank Presentation, and then click Create.
- Apply a template or theme, either from those built-in with PowerPoint 2010, or downloaded from Office.com. See Find and apply a template in this article.
3. In the right pane of the Open dialog box, open the folder that contains the presentation.
4. Click the presentation, and then click Open.
NOTE: By default, PowerPoint 2010 shows only PowerPoint presentations in the Open dialog box. To view other kinds of files, click All PowerPoint Presentations, and select the type of file that you want to view.
1. Click the File tab, and then click Save As.
2. In the File name box, type a name for your PowerPoint presentation, and then click Save.
NOTE: By default, PowerPoint 2010 saves files in the PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx) file format. To save your presentation in a format other than .pptx, click the Save as type list, and then select the file format that you want.
To insert a new slide into your presentation, do the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click the arrow below New Slide, and then click the slide layout that you want.
1. On the Home tab, in the Drawing group, click Shapes.
2. Click the shape that you want, click anywhere on the slide, and then drag to place the shape.
To create a perfect square or circle (or constrain the dimensions of other shapes), press and hold SHIFT while you drag.
View a slide show
To view your presentation in Slide Show view from the first slide, do the following:
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Start Slide Show group, click From Beginning.
To view your presentation in Slide Show view from the current slide, do the following:
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Start Slide Show group, click From Current Slide.
- To print all slides, click All.
- To print only the slide that is currently displayed, click Current Slide.
- To print specific slides by number, click Custom Range of Slides, and then enter a list of individual slides, a range, or both.
NOTE: Use commas to separate the numbers, with no spaces. For example: 1,3,5-12.
3. Under Other Settings, click the Color list, and select the setting that you want.
4. When you finish making your selections, click Print.