Preview impresses people as a PDF reader and image viewer. You can also edit PDFs and images in a basic way, and convert from one to the other.
- Open PDFs
- Drag PDFs to the Dock to open
- Open Records
- Thumbnails display in sidebar
- Select Text
- View the properties
- Check spelling and grammar
- Zoom in and out
- Draw an Oval or Rectangle
- Change line color, thickness and style
- Add a link
- Add a note
- Highlight, strikethrough or underline text
- Fill PDF forms: If you need to fill out information in a PDF form, choose Text Tool from the Tools menu.
Merge & Split PDF
- Merge: Open pdf 1 with Preview -> Drag and drop pdf 2 on desktop into the sidebar -> Select pdf 1 and pdf 2 -> Print Selected Page -> Save as pdf. Follow these steps, and pdf 1 and 2 are merged into one.
- Split: The steps to split a pdf are just the opposite way follows similar concept, in an opposite way. You Select the pages you want, Print those pages and save them as a pdf file (pdf 1). Simply delete those pages from the original pdf and print the remaining pages (pdf 2). Or you just drag and drop pages to make that.
- Rearrange: Drag up and down to reorder pages
- Delete pages
- Add Blank Pages
View and Edit Images
- Open images
- Crop images
- Adjust images: Exposure, White Point, Black Point, Saturation, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, and other
- Resize an image
- Annotate images: Add Arrow, Add Oval, Add Rectangle, Add text
- View Slideshow
Create PDF and Output Other Formats
- Create PDF from images, web pages
- Encrypted PDFs (with open password)