Which is the most popular PDF Reader nowadays? I think except Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader must be the top one which is highly recommended here, there and everywhere. Yes, if you want an application that has many best features of Adobe Reader but without the bloat, Foxit Reader is definitely the one worth giving a try. It probably the most popular alternative to Adobe Reader, and it is free also.
So now, let's talk about Foxit Reader.
Foxit Reader is notable for its short load time and small filesize, and has been compared favorably to Adobe Reader. Actually, It not just a PDF reader, as it can do more than just reading PDF files. More features of Foxit Reader are as follows: (the newest version 4.3)
- Easy-to-use review and commenting tools
- Some editing tools include Typewriter, Callout, Textbox, and Measure tools
- Fill PDF forms
- Spell checker for comments
- Multimedia Support: Add Images, Movies, Links and file attachments to any PDF document
- View the whole text content of a PDF file.
- Convert a whole PDF document into a simple text file
- Easily modify the bookmarks in a PDF file
Foxit Reader Interface
And also some features in Adobe Reader are not available in Foxit Reader. For example, It is not able to read PDX files (searchable catalogs), which limits its utility for use with document collections, and it does not handle the text ligatures correctly during text search and copy.
Here is the general review of Foxit Reader, the most popular Adobe Reader alternative i've ever seen. And if you want to try some other alternatives, just read: 30+ Free, Online, Offline Tools of PDF converter, PDF creator and PDF reader.