10 Efficient Tools to Create EPUB eBooks
EPUB format is a free and open e-book standard by the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). It is hot and is supported by multiple eBook Readers. Here are 10 efficient tools that can help you create your own EPUB eBooks.
1. Adobe InDesign: InDesign is a high-end publishing tool for authors and publishers, and supports exporting EPUB files.
2. Calibre: a free tool for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux that allows you to convert to EPUB from a wide variety of formats. It produces nice result preserving the formatting and layout of the content.
3. EPUB Builder: An efficient EPUB building tool for Windows, and can help you build EPUB eBooks easily from 10+ popular formats (.doc, .pdf, .html, .txt, .epub, .chm, .jpg, etc.).
4. eCub: "a simple to use EPUB and MobiPocket ebook creator."
5. Sigil: "Sigil is a multi-platform WYSIWYG ebook editor. It is designed to edit books in EPUB format."
6. PDF to EPUB Converter: A standalone and efficient desktop application converts eBooks from PDF to EPUB format for Windows.
7. PDF to EPUB for Mac: A Convert PDF files to nicely formatted EPUB eBooks for Mac OS X users.
8. Feedbooks: You can log into Feedbooks and create your own content, which will be made available in EPUB, as well as other formats like PDF and Kindle.
9. BookGlutton API: If you have your book in HTML format, you can convert it into EPUB using their online conversion API.
10. Easy EPUB: By simply uploading your InDesign or Quark book files, EasyEPUB will quickly produce a fully compliant EPUB version of your book within 5 minutes.